Hi, and welcome to Daily Bread Consultancy.
I’m Sam and I’m a Google-certified Ads specialist and a Google Partner. In this blog post, I’m going to be talking about how to choose keywords for your Google Ads campaigns.
Keywords are the words and phrases that people use when they’re searching for information on Google. By using the right keywords in your ads, you can improve your chances of showing up for those searches and getting more clicks and conversions.
How to choose keywords
When choosing keywords, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Relevance: The keywords should be relevant to your business and the services you offer. It should also be relevant to the specific landing page or you will get a low ad rank.
- Specific: The keyword should be specific with clear intent. If you are selling blue Nike air trainers then you will spend a lot less money and get better conversions for the keyword “best deals on blue Nike air trainers” than you will “shoes”
- Search volume: The keywords should have a high search volume, meaning that people are searching for them frequently.
- Competition: Ideally the keywords should have low competition, meaning that it will be easier for your ads to show up for those keywords.
- Cost: Consider the cost range for the keywords you want to bid on. At times these can seem very expensive so you should also consider the ROI (return on investment). If you are selling disposable lighters for £0.99p then it is unlikely that you will make any profit if you are paying £0.50+ per click. However, £10+ a click might provide great value if you are selling luxury kitchens and are achieving a good conversion rate.
How to use keywords in your ads
Once you’ve chosen your keywords, you can use them in your Google Ads campaigns. When creating your ads, be sure to include the keywords in the ad title, description, and keywords. You can also use negative keywords to prevent your ads from showing up for irrelevant searches.
Here is an example of a Google Ad that uses keywords:
Ad title: Get a free quote for web development
Ad description: We offer custom web development services for businesses of all sizes. Get a free quote today!
Keywords: web development, website design, custom web development.
How to track your results
Once you’ve launched your Google Ads campaigns, it’s important to track your results so you can see how they’re performing. You can use Google Analytics 4 and Tag Manager to track your clicks, impressions, and conversions.
By tracking your results, you can identify what’s working and what’s not, and make adjustments to your campaigns as needed.
By using the right keywords in your Google Ads campaigns, you can improve your chances of showing up for relevant searches and getting more clicks and conversions.